The Southern Peanut Farmers Federation is comprised of the Alabama Peanut Producers Association, the Florida Peanut Producers Association, Georgia Peanut Commission, and the Mississippi Peanut Growers Association. These are the respective “check-off” organizations in each state.
Formed in 1998, SPFF was established to allow southeastern peanut producers to speak with a unified voice on issues of mutual concern. It has become an umbrella for other activities and projects, besides promotion, that the four organizations undertake collectively.
Activities currently coordinated by the Federation include:
- Southern Peanut Growers Conference
- Peanut Leadership Academy
- Congressional Member and Staff Relations Programs
- Southeastern Peanut Research Initiative
- Southeastern Peanut Farmer magazine