The Alabama Peanut Producers Association (APPA) has been Turning Resources Into Results since 1957. The Association is committed to representing the interests of growers through a variety of promotions, research and educational programs. Activities target state and national levels for the enhancement and unity of the entire peanut industry.
The Association is voluntarily funded by peanut growers and its program is directed by a board of 15 growers. Directors are elected by grower delegates from each of the major peanut producing counties. The number of delegates from each county is determined by the number of acres in that particular county.
APPA became the second peanut producing state to formulize a check-off program and grower organization in 1956. The office of the Alabama Peanut Producers Association is located at 1810 Reeves Street in Dothan, Alabama. Mailing address for the Association is P.O. Box 8805, Dothan, Alabama 36304.
You may also contact us by phone at 334-792-6482, fax at 334-792-5876, or email us at email@example.com
APPA OFFICERS & BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Carl Sanders – President – Coffee County
- Mark Kaiser – Vice President – Baldwin County
- Jerry Byrd – Treasurer – Dale County
- Thomas Adams – Henry County
- Tom Corcoran- Barbour County
- Darrin Driskell – Mobile County
- Fred Helms – Houston County
- Jimmy Royce Helms – Geneva County
- George Jeffcoat – Houston County
- Billy Hixon- Pike County
- Jesse Scott – Geneva County
- Joel Sirmon – Baldwin County
- Glen Walters- Covington County
- Jason Weber – Escambia County
- Ed White – Henry County
APPA OFFICE STAFF
- Jamie Courson – Office Manager
- Kaye Lynn Hataway – Assistant Executive Director & Promotions Coordinator
- Kaycee Rippey – Communications Coordinator